Needless to say those three words grabbed my attention immediately. And then when he said …
The culture of schooling is radically at odds with the culture of learning that produces innovators.Tony Wagner
I was hooked.
Very good Ted Talk – just one gripe …
He just about opens the talk with
I came to understand, that there’s a set of core competencies every young person must be well on their way to mastery before he or she finished high school.
– critical thinking and problem solving
– collaboration across networks and leading by influence
– agility and adaptability
– initiative and entropenorialism
– effective oral and written communication
– accessing and analyzing information
– curiosity and imaginationTony Wagner
i.e. if you have left school, sorry – we taught you all wrong as to how to succeed in the life in front of you.
What he should have said was
I came to understand, that there’s a set of core competencies every person must master.
I know he doesn’t mean it and I guess it is about education – but the implication is that you have left school then ‘we taught you all wrong’.
Keeping that in mind … well worth a watch.